What to Expect From My Care Directory
We pride ourselves on getting to know you, your needs, expectations and concerns and use this information to find the right PA for you. The process is simple and our staff are always willing to go the extra mile, to meet your meet your requirements.
- We will meet with you and/or your advocate to discuss your “Ideal PA” and requirements
- We will search our database of certified PAs to see if an instant match can be found.
- If a suitable PA from our database can not be found then we will create a specific job specification and advertisement.
- We will correspond with those who respond to the advertisement, interview the applicants and check their credentials to ensure that they are in line with our PA certification policy .
- We will then shortlist the applicants and present you with a selection of PA profiles that we have identified as most closely matching your needs.
- Once you have decided which PAs you would like to meet, we can arrange an informal meeting to take place at either your home or at our office at a time that is convenient for you.
- All being well, a successful match will be made. With your permission we will pass on any relevant information that we took from you when we completed the Initial Enquiry Assessment form. This is to inform your PAs of your needs but it is not an on going assessment.
- We will provide on-going training opportunities for your PAs, to further their skills and knowledge, in turn providing you with higher quality care and support that is always improving.
- We will contact you to make sure that you are satisfied with the service of making the introductions. This contact is only for the purpose of quality assuring the introduction process, not for monitoring or controlling or directing the service being provided by your PAs.
- You will have the opportunity to voice your thoughts and views on the introduction process and the PAs you have chosen received in the last 12 week period, and to bring up any worries or concerns you may have. However we do ask that you bring any worries or concerns to our attention ASAP. The swifter we can deal with a concern, the better for all parties involved. It avoids escalation, and we believe that a prompt resolution is the key.
- We will provide you and your chosen PAs with a range of practice guidance. This is here for your convenience and must be discussed between yourselves and your PAs. Your PAs may follow these procedures and guidance once employed by you should you direct them to do so.
- Under a separate agreement we can offer an invoicing/payroll function to reduce the burden of administrative duties when it comes to paying your chosen PAs. This function has no influence on the direction and control of service being provided by your PAs.
In the event that you would like to be introduced to additional or replacement PAs for whatever reason you can contact us and request our services to do so.
Click here for further information on what you can expect from your PA
Your PA has signed an agreement with My Care Directory as part of the Terms and Conditions for being an approved PA on our database. Under these conditions your PA has agreed to be polite, adequately presented and respectful towards you, your home and belongings. They will put your best interests first in every instance. They will promote your independence, rights, choice, dignity and freedom. Your PA has agreed to deliver high quality care and support where possible as direct by you. They will apply their skills, knowledge and experience to each aspect of your care, at all times.
- They will adhere to My Care Directory’s Code of Conduct and comply with all of our policies and procedures.
- They will be courteous, punctual and professional in their manner.
- They will know the limits of their competencies and capabilities, and will politely decline to carry out an action that they deem to be unsafe, for either you or for themselves.
- They will not carry out an action which will put you or themselves at risk.
- Your PA will be aware of steps to take should you have a concern or complaint that you wish to inform them of.
- Your PA will be aware of steps to take in an emergency situation.
- Your PA will document all information that is required at your request and direction and will be recorded, in a folder at your home.