Looking for Job Opportunities
We recognise and value the fundamental and crucial role that Personal Care Assistants play as part of the community and care industry. We are interested in supporting those who have previously or are currently working in the care industry as well as individuals who are looking to explore a new career path as a PCA.
What is a Personal Care Assistant?
A Personal Care Assistant is someone who works directly with the person in need of care and support to live their life in a way they choose. PCAs are likely to be involved in supporting personal health and social care – assisting people with the daily tasks of living, many of which we can all easily take for granted. For those who suffer from a disability however, tasks that we may see as simple and rapid can become difficult and time-consuming. For some people, such tasks will be completely impossible without outside assistance.
The opportunity to directly focus on the needs of an individual and the diversity of the role and tasks is what often attracts many people to this type of work. If you are the type of person who has a warm empathy, a desire to help others make the most of their abilities, are reliable and respectful, while offering your physical and emotional support to help them achieve necessary daily living tasks, then a career as a personal care assistant is just right for you and we would love to meet you.
Who can become a PCA?
Anyone who is caring, compassionate and kind can become a PCA, with two exceptions:
- You must be eligible to work within the UK
- You must be willing to undergo a CRB check
Do I need any specific training or qualifications in order to become a PCA?
The requirements of each PCA are completely dependent on the individual client’s social and personal care needs. Any specific experience or training requirements will be made clear within the job description that the client has stipulated.
Is it right for me?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I enjoy helping people to remain as independent as possible in their own home and live their life in a way that they choose?
- Do I have a positive attitude towards disability?
- Do I have the ability to listen well?
- Am I looking for a job with flexible hours and feel comfortable working on my own or with other PCAs as part of a team?
- Do I have the ability to be personable yet professional with a clear understanding of professional boundaries?
- Am I open and willing to learn new skills?
- Do I understand that I will take direction of the work I have to do from the person requiring support and that I will not direct the work?
If you have answered yes to these questions then becoming a PCA may well be a great option for you. There are lots of opportunities waiting for you in Devon. We have a database of individuals who are in receipt of Direct Payments and looking for personal care assistants to deliver their care and support with regular hours as well as a database of registered providers such as residential care homes who are looking for occasional bank staff.
Below are a list of some of the current vacancies on My Care Directory. To view the full details of the vacancies below please click on the job title. My Care Directory is still under construction and we are working on the site becoming more interactive for the users so that you can put your search criteria in and the system will up load the matches for you to see instantly. Until them we are doing this manually so if you can not see what you are looking for please register your interest by completing the form here.
Once registered, we will also send you emails about: local jobs fairs; training workshops; volunteering opportunities; and much more.
What to do next
- Complete an enquiry form which can be accessed here.
- A member of our dedicated recruitment/matching service team will call you to arrange an interview so that we can explain how we operate further and to finalise some details such as references and DBS completion.
- We will search our database of clients looking for individuals like yourself and arrange a meeting with them, you and ourselves.
My Care Directory is currently FREE to employers recruiting in the Devon area. Call TODAY so that you can advertise an unlimited number of job vacancies 01395 270088.